So, after reading and watching so many reviews and swatches of Lakme enrich lip crayon I had to try it out myself. And thus the other day I went ahead and bought one of the lip crayons.
Lakme India recently launched their super affordable enrich lip crayons with beautiful 10 shades. Today I am going to share my views on the shade “Coral Candid“. So let’s dive into the review now!
Skin tone: Medium olive
Price: Rs 185 for 2.2g ( Buy here )
- Sketch your lips, and make them your canvas with the new Enrich Lip Crayons.
- A newly formulated lip colour crayon, for a soft texture and smooth matte finish.
- Enriched with a highly pigmented formula, it delivers an intense colour payoff.
- A rich mixture of olive oil and jojoba oil conditions your lips.
- Natural Shea and cocoa butter extracts soften and nourish your lips.
Packaging: Lakme enrich lip crayon looks beautiful with a color-coded label on the body. The cap is nice and black in colour, which comes out very easily and makes it not a travel-friendly lip stick. But these crayons are priced at Rs. 185, so everything is super fine at this super cheap rate. Each crayon comes with a free dual sharpener, which works smoothly and the small one can be used for other purposes too. Though it is a sharp-enable pencil, there is less wastage while sharpening.
Shade and pigmentation: The shade coral candid is a very wearable shade and is perfect for Indian skin tone. It is a pretty bright orange shade. It has a nice warm tone and looks super fresh on the skin. I love such coral summery shades. Now, this lip crayon has medium pigmentation but is build-able. And to get a good colour payoff you will have to apply it more than just one coat. It does not has any shimmers in it and can hide lip pigmentation very well.
Texture and Quality: This lip crayon has a soft and smooth texture and glides very easily on lips but it feels slightly waxy as well. Yet it doesn’t feel uncomfortable on your lips. It doesn’t look patchy and it very lightweight. I can easily layer it up and it still doesn’t look cakey or patchy. This crayon has a beautiful non-drying creamy matte finish, which I like. The formula is quite hydrating as well, which makes it perfect for women with dry lips.
Since it is not completely matte range thus it transfers, but the colour still stays on the lips nicely and doesn’t create a mess around the lips. I can easily line my lips with it and then fill in. Only, it takes a bit time to fill my entire lips. Also, it doesn’t have any noticeable smell to it.
Staying power: To be honest, I wasn’t expecting it to be a long-lasting a lip crayon because of its very low price. But it lasts for about 4-5 hours with normal meals. It starts to fade away evenly after heavy lunch and a reapplication is required after that. Also, it doesn’t settle into fine lines nor it creates. Hence, the colour is easy to remove and doesn’t leaves any stains behind.
Overall, As I love Coral lipsticks and was searching for good coral shade for a long time, I really like it. It is cheap and the shade is very summery making it perfect for college going girls. According to the price, it is worth buying.
- Beautiful coral orange colour.
- Comes with a good quality sharpener.
- Super pocket-friendly and easily available.
- Medium pigmentation.
- Has non-drying creamy matte finish.
- Provides good hydration to lips.
- Easy to remove and leaves no stain behind.
- Staying power is pretty decent.
- The cap doesn’t close tightly, not travel-friendly.
- Needs frequent sharpening.
- Fades after a heavy meal.
- The texture is a bit waxy.
- Needs layering.
Will I repurchase?
I have already decided to purchase few more shades. I am totally recommending this.